Make highlighted item remain highlighted after moving from one library to another

Moving items around within libraries seems fine, but when I move items across libraries I get this problem. Here are my steps

1) I search for the item I want to move.

2) I highlight the article in My Library and drag it into the collection in the shared library I want to add it to

3) The the collections folder goes blank/dim briefly, but that seems to be the indication that it's working

4) Once moved, the center pain changes from showing the results of my search and my highlighted item to showing all items in My Library. This is a problem because the next thing I want to do is delete the item from My Library (I don't like having multiple copies of items if I can help it so there's no confusion about which copy is the "working copy", which has notes, etc.).

5) To be able to delete the original copy of the moved item I have to search for it again and delete it. If it just remained highlighted I could delete it with shift+del.

There may be a different way to handle my workflow, and I could see other users wanting the copied item (in the shared folder) to be the item of focus after moving. Either option would be better than what it does now. Seems like programming side-effect. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
  • Amendment: I just noticed that when I search for the item again after moving it (step 5 above) the original item is highlighted. It's highlighted with light shading (which I think means that i have to click on it again before keyboard shortcuts will work). To be clear, it's not visible in the center pane until I search, but after I search, it's highlighted with the light shading (as if I had clicked on it and them changed focus to another part of the UI).

One thing that would remove come key strokes from this process would be to have an auto-complete function in the search bar (based on past searches...even the last search would be helpful for my example), or to retain the list of recent searches when click or tab into the search field (even if it doesn't auto-complete). See behavior in the search bar Android store for an example.

Thanks for considering.