Error number 427694783

Hello,

I have a problem with synchronisation - see error number! "Error processing uploaded data".

Thanks!
Bjoern
  • This went away on its own, I think?
  • I afraid I am still getting an error. Zotero tried to sync for a long time, then I get this error:

The library doesn't seem to be synching at the moment...

Bjoern
  • SSL certificate error connecting to sync.zotero.org

See http://zotero.org/support/kb/ssl_certificate_error for more information.
  • edited June 3, 2014
    (You weren't getting this error before, though, so there's a good chance this part is an intermittent issue with your network, unless you've since switched networks. In any case it's not related to what was happening earlier, which was a temporary server issue.)
  • edited June 3, 2014
    I looked at the ssl certificate errors, but I get “Nothing to see here”.

Is there a local log that I can check?

Hovering over the sync arrow gives "upload accepted, waiting for sync server" - is that useful?
  • edited June 3, 2014
    Can you restart Zotero, try again, and provide another Report ID when it fails?
  • Actually, disregard. I think I have enough to go on from your previous report.
  • OK, try again now and let us know what happens. If it fails, provide another Report ID.
  • ok, will do!
  • edited June 4, 2014
    So your upload is triggering a complicated bug that we haven't seen before. I've been trying to reproduce it without luck.

The easiest thing here would be for you to paste 'TZFDG7NV' into the Zotero search bar in one of the group libraries you own, which should result in an item match. If you temporarily clear the related items on that item (and maybe the ones it's linked to), this will hopefully go away. (There's some sort of circular dependency here between the various items related to that item, but I haven't yet been able to figure out the exact pattern.) If you do get it to go through, you can probably add back the related items without trouble.

Once you clear those related items, let me know and I can clear the stalled upload on the server.

I may still work on reproducing and fixing this, but we're switching to a completely new sync architecture in the next major version, so it's not critical that we fix this. In any case, sorry for the trouble.
  • Many thanks.

I have cleared all the related items. Let me know when the stalled upload is fixed!

Bjoern
  • edited June 4, 2014
    Something that may have caused the problem: I had three items (one with a note), that I related with Zutilo "relate selected items". In the "related" tab, the note showed up as a separate item. So it meant that the note was "related" to the parent item. Maybe that caused the loop?

No worries about fixing the bug [for this version]- I had gathered that you were working on a new sync architecture. Do you know roughly when the new version is expected?
  • I had three items (one with a note), that I related with Zutilo "relate selected items".
    OK, thanks — that's along the lines of what I was thinking, though unfortunately/fortunately it seems to require some other condition as well.

We're aiming for later this year for the new version, but that's the best estimate we've got.

In any case, looks like you're syncing now.
  • Yes - sync just completed! Many thanks!!!
    Bjoern