Tag frame/window cannot fully display

G'day,

WinXP/FF3/Z1.07

(I searched to see if this was reported yet but couldn't find it but it is so obvious that it seems like it would have been reported already)

When I display the Tags frame it will not either fully display the list of tags or present scroll bars (V or H) to provide access to all the info in the frame. Even at a 1280x1024 res. and moving the various movable boundaries between frames I could not get all the frames to display; the Titles frame simply blocks out the Tags frame so I have no idea if I am, in fact, seeing the full list of tags.

Cheers
Ken
  • The UI needs a fix for this, but you likely have a very long tag that needs to be shortened, which is causing the right side of the tag selector (which does have a vertical scroll bar) to be pushed off the edge. (In most cases these are multiple keywords from a site that weren't separated correctly on import.)

If you hover over the visible tags, you should be able to find the long ones, and you can right-click and choose Rename Tag to shorten them. You'll need a mouse with a scroll wheel, which you can use to access the lower tags.
  • Does this thread address your problem? http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/341/
  • As I mention on the linked thread, most laptops have functionality to simulate a scroll wheel as well (two-finger drag on Macs, dragging along an edge on many PC laptops...).
  • Thanks, Dan. You're right. There was one very looong tag and once I edited it, I got a scroll bar down the right side. Then I shrank the frame and found more long tags the same way.

So, now I have short tags and a scroll bar.

Ken