Spell checking in notes

Hello,

according to the documentation, the language of the spell checker in notes should be set by a right click. Also suggestions of corrected words should be made by right clicking.
http://www.zotero.org/support/de/kb/spell_checking (German only I guess)

However, the only menu appearing by right clicking in notes has Copy/Cut/Paste, Insert Image and Alignment. Nothing else.

So, how can I enable/disable the spell checking and more importantly, how can I switch the dictionary? Zotero uses English only, no matter what is set in Firefox.

I use Zotero 4.0.17.1 as Firefox plugin.

Thanks!
  • Yeah, that page should never have existed. Spell-checking in notes has never been supported, though Firefox sometimes tries to do it on its own.

Out of curiosity, are you using a German version of Firefox or an English version? I would think a German version would do spell-checking in German. It's not possible to disable the red lines in Zotero without affecting the rest of Firefox.
  • I have the German version of Firefox and still it tries to do spell checking in English.

So using the stand-alone version should fix the problem?
  • If you use Standalone you can at least turn off the red lines if necessary without affecting anything else, yes.
  • Oh, well, you can also try right-clicking in a text area (like at the bottom of this page) in Firefox and setting the dictionary language there. (You might have to install a German dictionary.) It's possible that will change the behavior in Zotero.
  • Unfortunately, setting the language in Firefox input forms does not affect the language in Zotero spell checking ;)

But turning off the red lines would help indeed. Thank you!