Omitting initial 'The' in journal titles for Chicago

The Chicago Manual of Style (14.179) asks that an initial 'The' be omitted in journal titles. Would it ever be possible to automate this in a future version of Zotero?
  • does anyone need the "the" in the data? Couldn't you just clean that up in Zotero?
    I don't know how much of this type of thing we want to build into the citation processor or styles, there is a cost to too many fixes at that level.
  • I know that it's a bit of a long shot, but I thought it worth mentioning in the name of being able to cite the data imported from a website directly without modification – and it does take quite a long time to change all the entries if there is a frequently used journal that does this. It would be nice, then, but it's certainly not the highest priority.
  • Looks like APA does include "The" in journal/magazine titles. There is no explicit rule about it though, just their examples.
  • I've also found it in a few other journals. Given that it's not something that can be easily switched around in one's entires and could be fixed programmatically, this would be extremely helpful to have.