EBSCOhost translator no longer importing abstract

Since upgrading to 1.0.4 the translator for ebscohost it no longer importing the correct data to the abstract field. Instead this field is populated with information that used to be in the notes field, such as 'accession number', etc.

I have tested this only against psychinfo under ebscohost at the moment. Other databases that I use seem to be working ok.

I have 'Reset Styles and Translators' and this hasn't fixed the problem.

zotero 1.0.4, firefox 2.0.0.14 (also tested under ff 3.0 rc1)
  • This is still a problem for me and a bit of a pain. Am I reporting something that is a known problem (hence no comment)? Or have I not supplied enough info to investigate it?
  • A fix for abstracts in EBSCOhost was recently pushed out. Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs. To open the preferences pane click the gear icon, this will open the actions dropdown menu. Select preferences from that dropdown menu.
  • Thanks. The abstract is now extracted correctly.

However, now the ebscohost translator (?) is saving a snapshot of the page when I have this option deselected in my preferences. Any ideas?

zotero 1.0.5, firefox 3.0 rc1
  • Tony, I cannot replicate the problem. Is anyone else getting snapshots when they are not supposed to?
  • Yes, this is also happening here.

I get snapshots even when not marked. I am still getting the abstract as a note, (even though I followed the posted instructions by Tjowens), but further from these problems I am not able to attach the PDF files automatically(I have this option set in my preferences).

firefox 2.0.0.14, Zotero 1.0.6

Thanks for the help
  • When we import from Ebsco databases the abstracts aren't coming through at all. We're on 1.0.6. Any ideas?
  • The issue with abstracts has been resolved. Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.

To open the preferences pane click the gear icon, this will open the actions dropdown menu. Select preferences from that dropdown menu.
  • No apparent effect to updating as above. Using FF#, Zotero 1.0.6, will still not translate from EBSCO.
  • gwmaui: This thread was about the abstract not coming through. Is that what you're experiencing? If it's not translating at all, please start a new thread.
  • Dan and Tjowens:

Sorry guys, I am still extracting the abstract as a note, and I am having trouble with getting the attached file downloaded automatically.

My settings are all checked in the General/Miscellanious box. I have reset the translators and have also checked that my Translators are up to date.

I am using Firefox 3 and Zotero 1.0.6

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
  • Hi,

I am using Firefox 3 and Zotero 1.0.7 and Zotero is still not downloading the abstract, the citation properly, or the pdf (even though my preferences are set to download the fulltext article when available) from any of the Ebsco databases. Any Suggestions?
  • Hi, i got the same problem! doesn't save the pdf. the screenshot function doesn't work w/ the pdf. I use the 1.5 Beta Version.

Thx
  • I have just updated to the 1.5 Beta and also I can no longer download the citation from the browser. I have to export it to reference manager and then it works