Sydney Morning Herald translator causing Zotero to stop working

I used Zotero this morning to grab an article from the Sydney Morning Herald and it worked fine.

Since then, I have been unable to get any translators to work. The next article I tried to grab from Sydney Morning Herald gave me a failed message, and when I go to other sites (that I know have working translators) I get error messages as well.

In my Scaffold Test Frame window, when I was at the Sydney Morning Herald site, it returned the entire contents of the source for the website when the error occurred.

The other sites often give messages in the Test Frame window to the effect of "Translation successful" yet they do not actually save anything to my Zotero.
  • I unsuccessfully tried to replicate your issue. I grabbed 5 articles from the Sydney Morning Herald and they all came through fine.

Can you try the "Reset Translators and Styles" button in the advanced pane of your preferences to see if that resolves the issue?
  • Where do I find the advanced pane?

I've tried reinstalling Zotero and I'm still getting errors on every page I try to scrape.
  • The Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, under the Actions (gear icon) menu in the Zotero toolbar.
  • Thank you. that worked
  • SMH is no longer working. Maybe they changed their site?