multiple keyring 'login' popups on Ubuntu

I'm using Ubuntu and have my zotero login credentials (both at zotero.org and my webdav server, I believe) stored in an Ubuntu keyring. Each time I run zotero (eg: when I launch firefox), I get a "login required" popup for the "software security device".

That's all well and good. Problem is, if I launch firefox and then go away for a while, I end up with many such popups. On my office machine (which I leave on all the time as it's running a server) I sometimes come in in the morning to find about 15 such popups - perhaps there's one an hour?

Entering the correct credentials in just one of these popups is enough to get zotero working. If I then cancel the remainder, I get multiple "zotero has a problem logging in.." popups (I can't recall the exact text), which are in fact not true.

I submitted an error report if it's of any use here: id 1352777102
  • This isn't really a Zotero issue. We just get the sync login from the Firefox password manager. If you have auto-sync enabled, it'll do so every hour the computer is idle.
  • Hmm.. I thought as much.. Firefox had a similar issue with multiple proxy logins on startup, which has been fixed. Perhaps I should post a bug in firefox ...

One thing that would make things more sensible on the Zotero side though: when a login fails, Zotero could check to see if that particular authentication has succeeded in the meantime. That would get rid of the multiple "zotero has a problem logging in.." popups.

Of course, it's not a big issue, but perhaps it's a relatively easy fix (: