Errors transfering files to standalone

13»
  • Is Firefox 4 the same as Firefox 10.0.2? This is the version we are both using. She does seem to have the latest version of firefox and yet still has the issue with the diacriticals listed above.
  • Firefox 10 is an update of FF 4, yes.
    Some people are still using the old 3.6-branch FF versions, which are still maintained by mozilla and thus supported in general by Zotero.
  • yet still has the issue with the diacriticals listed above
    See my last post.
  • It looks like we might have found an example of the indexing issue (the only doubt is whether the item in question may have been added after the last rebuild, but that seems very unlikely).

In any case, it seems that the item carpenter_microscope_revelations_1st_ed_1856.pdf was not indexed by the rebuild and then we were able to index it manually. Do you need anymore info than that or is that enough to work with?

thanks!
  • edited March 5, 2012
    There shouldn't be any mystery as to when the item was added—check the Date Added date. (If the item was added more recently, it should have been indexed automatically, but if that's occasionally not happening that's a separate issue.)

In any case, no, that's not enough info. I'd need you to be able to reproduce the problem and provide Debug IDs. That is, clear the index, reindex everything, confirm that the item isn't indexed, perform an Index Unindexed Items, confirm that it's still not indexed, and then reindex manually and confirm that it gets indexed. Provide separate Debug IDs for the Index Unindexed Items and for the manual reindex of that item.

(The initial full index will generate too much debug output, which is why I'd need the Debug ID for the Index Unindexed Items operation, which would run on only a few items (including that one) but would otherwise be identical.)
  • Okay, thanks for the info. It turns out that specific item was added after the indexing.

I understand that there is no way to identify partially indexed items..but is there some way to identify unindexed items? I just reindexed everything (does it make any difference that I rebuilt the entire index instead of clearing the index and then indexing?) and I ended up with 357 unindexed items (the same amount I had started with). If I could fish out these items I could then see if they were able to be indexed manually. Otherwise I have to look through over 3000 items to find them.

thanks
  • Also, I just went through and counted all the web pages and word docs so as to subtract them from the unindexed total. Though my eyes may have crossed at some point and missed one or two, I came up with 229. So that brings the unknown unindexed to about 128. Any tips on finding these?
  • I'm afraid I can't help you further on this unless you have a specific bug to report. Some PDF files can't be indexed—that's completely normal. There's no reason to think that there's a bug here.