cannot edit citations on zotero 3.0

Hello - I have just updated to zotero 3.0 and find that I can no longer edit citations. When I try to insert citation, the red window with the z pops up. From there, I can insert standard citation, but can't add page number, prefix, author/editor, or any of the stuff you could modify in old window with older version of Zotero. I try moving to "classic view," and I think I see the classic view window pop up for a split second, but then it disappears and I see only the red Zotero pop up, which gets frozen with the blue bar about 4/5 of the way from completing.

Would love some help. Thank you so much.
  • I don't know about the classic view - Simon would have to say - but you can add page #s and affixes using ctrl+down (cmd+down on a Mac).

What system and word processor are you on?
  • Thank you for your quick response.

I am using a MacBook Pro, OSX - 10.6.8 . I tried command and down arrow (is that what you mean by command + down?), and right clicking on both the Zotero red window and the citation itself. NOthing happens for either.
  • edited January 31, 2012
    Switching to classic view is broken in 3.0 Final, though there's a workaround.

But you can do these in the new window either from the drop-down (type the name, accept it, and then press Cmd-down or right-click the name bubble) or just by typing "Smith p. 2" (at least for page numbers—I don't know about other locators).
  • Okay - I see. The right clicking on the bubble works. The Zotero preferences work-around that you linked to does not work, however, because my Zotero preferences don't have a "citation" category - unless I'm missing it.

Thank you.

HOpefully the classic view will come back or get fixed? It's really nice to have all in one place.

Thank you again, Zotero.
  • The cite tab should definitely be there - third tab from the right in the preferences for Zotero standalone, fourth from the right in Zotero for Firefox.
  • okay - I see. I was looking in the wrong place (on the little zotero icon that we see when using Word).