Classic Add Citation view broken in 3.0

It's impossible to switch to "Classic view": dialog box disappears.
  • Thanks. This will be fixed in the next release. For now, you can switch to using the classic add citation dialog by default in Zotero Preferences->Cite if you need it.
  • edited January 31, 2012
    Also note that you can get insert affixes and page number in the new dialogue by selecting the citation (return) and then either right-clicking on the bubble or using ctrl+down (cmd+down on Mac).

I hope to post some documentation on the new plugin sometime this week.

edit: you can also add page number by typing : 56 or p. 56 after the citation in the new dialogue.
  • Wow, I came here to post this after finding the problem 30 minutes ago, find that it's already been reported, a fix is on its way, and that there's an even-better way of doing what I wanted to do (suppress author and add a page number) than what I was going to do.

You guys are amazing. And Zotero 3 is a dream come true. Great work!!!
  • Thanks guys, I had the same problems, and I was very scared, because I have a dad line for my project...
    You guys are amazig, of course..
  • I also have the probelem that my "classic view" box disappears. I need to edit stuff like "Wood & Trayhurn 2003" into "Wood et al. 2003". With your new box I don't know how to do this anymore. I can't go on writing my PhD thesis without a working Zotero! Any suggestions for my editing problem?

Thanks!
  • kristina.hart@medizi: in Zotero 3.0, you can edit references directly within the document. However, if you want to return to the classic Add Citation dialog, see the second post above.
  • @kristina - those types of things should also really be fixed in the citation style. You're not doing yourself a favor manually editing citations.
  • @adamsmith: I use the Harvard "Author Date" citation style, and in most of the cases this works properly, but in some citations the "&" occurs. That's when I need to edit it. But that's Ok, it's not that much work! I followed the advice with the preferences and now it works! Thanks!
  • (just as a note - using "et al." for two names is wrong, regardless of citation style: et al. abbreviates "et alii" which means "and others" - in the plural. You're sure that you're supposed to use that for two authors?)
    If you really want to, though, this can be done automatically by changing 3 numbers in a text file.
  • Just to say keep up the good work people, I also have the crashing "Classic View" issue and I am very glad that the cavalry is on the way. However, I need to be frank and admit that I haven't tried the compact view yet, maybe it's more convenient. Even so, a bug is a bug.
    At first I though that it had something to do with the Chrome translator (which was the "new thing" introduced into my PC), but it's good to know that this is a global thing and I should simply wait a bit.

Btw, any plans of making the WinWord integration work only with Chrome?

thanx
  • This is fixed in in Zotero 3.0.1, which is available now.