"Accessed" field displays date wrong

When I put a date into the "accessed" field on a conference paper, it shows a different date when the field is active than when inactive.

There are side-by-side screen shots located at:

I am able to duplicate this error by entering the date in a format like "2 July 2010" or "2010-07-02". Using this example, I get the date "10-07-2010" when I click away from the box.


Zotero Standalone 3.0b2.1
Chromium 15.0.874.106 (Developer Build 107270 Linux) Ubuntu 11.10
Zotero Connector for Chrome 2.999.3
Kbuntu 11.10 x86_64
  • you should update Standalone - not sure if this fixes things, but the most recent version is 3.0b3.2
  • Thanks for the upgrade tip. Quite the list of improvements and fixes at 3.0b3. None the less, the problem persists.

  • I'm not able to reproduce the date issue. Are you using English versions of all software?

    Can you provide a Debug ID for editing and saving of that field?
  • In this case I entered "2 July 2010" and the resulting field said "10-07-2010" Debug ID D1618346058.
  • And what do you see when the field is active in that case?
  • When I reactivate the field it says "2010-07-02", which is correct.
  • Are you able to reproduce this in Zotero 3.0b3 for Firefox? (If you don't have that installed, it should offer to shared your existing data directory by default.) You'll need to close Standalone before trying.

    If so, I'll provide a dev XPI that may help us figure out what's going on here.
  • Yup, same behaviour in Firefox 9.0.1 with Zotero 3.0b3
  • edited January 20, 2012
    OK. Can you generate a Debug ID for editing and saving that field using the 3.0 Branch dev XPI?
  • I installed the 3.0 branch XPI in a fresh firefox profile. I changed the Accessed date for the default item "Zotero Quick Start Guide." I used the data 2 July 2010.

    Date show when inactive: "10-07-2010". When active: "2010-07-02".

    Debug ID D2008651729

  • This might take a few tries to narrow down. Another Debug ID with the latest XPI?
  • Just installed the latest XPI and repeated the previous procedure. Same results.

    Debug ID D1087060500

  • Getting closer. Another with the latest XPI?
  • Debug ID D916248889
  • That's not the latest XPI, actually. Make sure you have r10773 or later.
  • Sorry about that. Confirmed r10773.

  • What output do you see on this page?
  • Hi Dan,
    Nice test. The output is (Firefox 9.0.1):
    Date is Fri Jul 02 2010 00:00:00 GMT-0700 (PDT)

    toLocaleString: Fri 02 Jul 2010 12:00:00 AM PDT
    toLocaleDateString: 10-07-2010

    Interestingly in Chromium (16.0.912.75 (Developer Build 116452 Linux)) it is displayed correctly:
    Date is Fri Jul 02 2010 00:00:00 GMT-0700 (PDT)

    toLocaleString: Fri Jul 02 2010 00:00:00 GMT-0700 (PDT)
    toLocaleDateString: Friday, July 02, 2010

  • edited January 23, 2012
    OK, definitely not our bug. Looks like this might happen on Ubuntu with Canadian locales. Here's another report:


    You might be able to adjust your locale settings to work around it, either in Firefox/Zotero (with the general.useragent.locale setting in about:config, accessible via the Advanced prefs in Standalone) or in the system locale settings.
  • Hi Dan,
    Thanks for trouble shooting this. I added comments to the launchpad report to get it confirmed and also copy/pasted your markup to test the problem into the report. Hopefully they can address it. I see that the launchpad bug was filed against Firefox 3.6.

Sign In or Register to comment.