generate new entry through paste and copy

Thanks for this excellent tool! I have tried many function of zotero,it's wonderful! Howerver, as zotero only can import bibtex items from a file ,the user must save bibtex string to a file and import the file into zotero. That's not convient! I hope that zotero can parse the paste text and generate new entry automatically.
  • We have a ticket for parsing of supported formats in page content, though implementation details haven't been worked out.

Is your request for parsing text in the clipboard that might come from other programs on the system, or just from web pages? (And if the former, would a possible workaround be to open the file in Firefox and use an in-content translator to extract the BibTeX?)
  • I also think it would be useful to be able to import from clipboard.
    Fro example, if I do a search with Google Scholar, I get the bibtex entry for each element. Now I need to save and then import it. With the clipboard import fnuction it would be quicker.
    It would be even better if, from a Scholar result page it were possible to drag and drop a bibtex reference in Zotero.
  • An unsupported patch for import from clipboard:

http://en205.tumblr.com/post/102522192/import-from-clipboard-for-zotero