Reference is duplicated several times in Word doc

Hi - I did search for this problem, but didn't find it.

I have a doc that should be about 18 pages, but is now 94 - the reference list has duplicated itself over and over to create about 75 pages.

only the first copy of the reference list has links.

Any ideas?
Thx, Pat
  • you can just delete all of them and create a new one. As to what caused this - I've never seen it, are you sure you didn't press insert bibliography multiple times?

And I don't know what you mean by "has links"
  • Thanks Adam, yes, I can delete all of them, but it keeps happening.

By 'links' I mean the tie back to Zotero - when you click on a reference item it goes grey - reflecting that it is tied to Zotero as a link in case you update the Zotero reference later.
  • ok, I understand.
    Try to see if you can create an error report ID just after inserting the bibliography, or whatevere else you do that triggers that behavior
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    and post the error ID here

Also, which style? Does this also happen with a different style?
    And which Word processor/OS?
  • Report ID: 87300788
    Word 2007 SP2
    FireFox 5.0
    Win Vista :-(
    Not sure how to tell my Zotero version

Happens each time I add or change a citation.
  • Can you send the document with several duplicated bibliographies to support@zot...org with a link to this thread? For now, it sounds like you could delete the bibliography entirely and add it back when you finish writing.
  • edited August 5, 2011
    Sent email and deleted reference list for now. Thanks for any help you can provide!
  • Could this be because I am copying the actual Zotero citation from one Word doc to another? The newer doc is the one having problems.