ID: 216215419, "Wrong identifiant"... but I'm sure its the good one !

Dear Zotero Connectors,

I tried to sync from two different computers, but, each time, I've got a little question-mark red circle (left to the green rotating arrow) saying "Identifiant ou mot de passe invalide"...
Mean "ID or password not valid". But it's the one which I logged in !

I don't know what to do. I'm lost in Zotero Translation.

Many many thanks for your help.
Henri J
  • Ohlala, I'm sorry, but in fact, if my ID is the same that the one in Profile/Setting, I can't log in with...
    In fact, I logged with my e-mail adress!

So, big problem: I've got an ID in setting, but can not log in with...
    Should I open I new account ?
  • The login and password should be the same ones you've used to log in to this forum.
  • Yes, but the problem is my ID (Username) displayed in my setting page do not allow me to log in. So I used my e-mail adress + my password to log.

But to sync, I've no choice, I need my ID (Username)... and it doesn't work with the one display in my setting page.

Many thanks for your help, and more generally, for Zotero
    Best regard

PS: I'm sure it's the ID I give when I subscribed
  • and sorry if my english is a little bit gloom... :)
  • edited May 5, 2011
    I'm not totally sure what you mean by "I'm sure it's the ID I give when I subscribed"—the client actually takes either username or e-mail address, but your username is the username you're using right here: HenriJ.

Is that the username you're referring to? Can you log in to the website with that?
  • So you can log into the forum with your email address and password, but you can't log into the forum with HenriJ and the same password? If that's the case, that's a little odd and the core devs may have to look into it.

Unless something has changed in the last few years, the username and password in both places is the same.

Also note that it is often OK to write your questions in your native language if you aren't sure how to say it in English-- there's a pretty solid Francophone community here, and many other languages too. Still, I think I understood you fine.
  • That's it.

As one of my post have been lost (I reply to ajlyon from the link given on a mail I received, signaling me the ajlyon's post and... I was not log in !), I write it again and forgot to tell you I also test to sync with my password as Username (and my password as password, of course), but it didn't work.

So, I'm afraid the core devs have to go in...
    Sorry.

Ah, by the way, the good sentence was "I'm sure it's the ID I gAve when I subscribed (when my account was created)".
  • Once again, for absolute clarity: if you log out of this site, and then try to log in with HenriJ and your password, it rejects your login, but if you log in with your e-mail address and the same password, it works, and at the top of the page it says "Welcome HenryJ"?
  • Ok, many thanks for your quick reaction, it is working now.

Longue vie to Zotero and its communities.
    Henri