On the error this.registry.citationreg.citationby'd[c[0]]isundefined

1. I wanted to change the page number of a ref, let's say Johnson (2009:1). > Edit citation.
2. I got an error for another item. "this item no longer exists in your Zotero database". I knew it existed so I clicked "yes", selected it, and okayed it, and got to edit the Johnson ref.
3. I edited the page number and okayed it. No response. For a long time. Only after canceling the dialog window I saw that an error message was hiding behind it:

this.registry.citationreg.citationby'd[c[0]]isundefined (also reported here).

Tried editing other citations, always the same problem. Fortunately I hadn't yet saved the document so I stopped working, made a backup, and started again from step 1. This time I clicked "No" to the "this item no longer exists" thingy. I made a mental note to re-add it manually afterwards. After that everything went smooth and the error went away.

Just reporting this because it might contain a clue for fixing the error.
  • Which version of Zotero do you have installed?
  • edited April 21, 2011
    That was 2.1.6-r-something (I was on the branch XPI on the advice of Dan a few weeks ago, when 2.1 introduced some regressions in citation formatting). I'm now back on 2.1.6 stable. Firefox 3.6.3.
  • mark,

If you have had any further problems of this kind, I can provide a copy of Zotero 2.1.6 with the latest CSL processor version. A number of changes and fixes introduced since the last release may have an effect on stability, assuming that the processor was the culprit in this glitch. (Sending my mail address as a message on zotero.org)