Firefox 4.0 and Zotero update citation recognition failure

I just upgraded to Firefox 4.0, and upgraded to the appropriate level of Zotero's plug in. I am working in Word for Macintosh and the word processor is no longer recognizing the 200+ citations/references I entered into the document. Further, it does not recognize nor continue to count its own references. If, for example, I enter a new citation it is recorded as "1"...if I enter another, that too is recorded as "1".

I have saved back ups but really need to resolve this soon to save added hours of reentry.
Please help,
Thanks
T
  • how are things in a fresh document?
  • The new version Zotero+Firefox work fine in a new document - they cite appropriately, and once I updated my citation manager version, created a bibliography as well.

In the old document, if I try to add a citation, it begins with "1" and this time continues to # as though it is an entirely new set of citations. The existing citations, entered through the old version, remain in their previous numbered format. The two sets of citations are not communicating.

If I delete and reinsert the bibliography, Zotero maintains the previous set of entries from the old version, and adds the new set at the very beginning (occuppying the 1-3 spaces or whatever).

I would download the older version of firefox and zotero, but firefox only has very old and very new, not the previous 3.6.x I was using
  • update: I deleted my bibliography and started at the beginning to re-enter citations, one by one.

When I attempted this, Zotero tells me a citation is missing, asks me to select another. After I select the missing citation, it returns me to the menu for adding more citations - but it is frozen. The green arrow is one, but there's no response. I finally get an error message: Zotero experienced an error updating your document

this.registry.citationreg.citationby'd[c[0]]isundefined

ideas?