Zotero Standalone + MacWord Plugin

ZS doesn't seem to come with this on my computer (running 10.6.6.). When I try to load it, I get the following:

"Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is closed, and then restart Firefox."

Many thanks,
s.

edit: (and Word is closed, of course)
  • Can you provide a report ID?
  • Hi Simon. Try 305307103.
  • edited January 23, 2011
    Looks like you have a copy of py-appscript somewhere on your system that isn't built for a 64-bit system. For now, you can either track this down or run Zotero in 32-bit mode (should be an option under "Get Info"). We're working on a better fix.
  • edited January 23, 2011
    Assuming you haven't deleted the rogue copy of py-appscript already, it would be great if you could try the Zotero MacWord Integration Trunk and see if it fixes the issue.

EDIT: Oops, I realize that installing this under standalone is probably not straightforward. Will make a build for testing.
  • Hi Simon--opened standalone in 32 and it worked perfectly. The rogue py-appscript should still be around, so when the build is ready I will be glad to test.

s,
  • I tried to install 'Word Add-in' from Zotero Standalone program
    bu the following error message pops up:

Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is closed, and then restart Zotero.

My Error Report ID: 244390068
  • Please don't post multiple times. The issue described in this thread was fixed a year ago, so I'm closing it.
This discussion has been closed.