Erorr report ID: 140792106 - can't access references in zotero...

Hello, my computer crashed at the same time that I was grabbing a reference from ScienceDirect and now, after rebooting, my zotero database appears empty. When I first open firefox I can see the tree structure of my database and it tells me that it is loading my references. It doesn't do anything and when I then click on a folder it is also empty and tells me to report this error. Once I close zotero (but keep firefox open) and then try to reopen it, I am told that "There was an error starting zotero".

So I am reporting this error... and hoping that there is a quick solution.

Thanks!
Chris

Linux Ubuntu 10.04, newest versions of firefox and zotero working with openoffice plugin
  • Your database is corrupted. You can try the DB Repair Tool, but you may need to use a backup of your Zotero data directory.
  • Thank you Dan, I used the repair tool and (as far as I can tell) everything looks to be working. That was a huge help, thanks so much! I noticed that there is a backup sql file in the directory as well, could I have also gone back to that? (there is one from yesterday, and one from earlier today).

Thanks again!
    Chris
  • Probably, assuming those predated the crash that corrupted your database and that only files in active use were affected.