line spacing

I've been looking at this style for too long, so maybe someone else can help me out.

Can anyone see the reason why this style generates whitespace between the bibliography entries in Word despite the fact that entry-spacing is set to "0"?
  • I haven't tested this in Word, but for chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul, setting entry-spacing to "-1" reduces spacing between entries.
  • I also remember vaguely some weird interaction with another option - if I remember correctly, the two had no obvious connection, but one only worked correctly when the other was present... -
    sorry, no time to search or test, but maybe you can figure something out.
  • @Rintze, thanks, I'll see if that works as a workaround. But that can't be the desired behaviour, right? Does it work like that in CSL1.0 / Zotero 2.1 too? Line-spacing is one of the more frequent CSL issues to come up here so it would seem important to get right.

Adam, I'll try. entry-spacing often comes together with line-spacing, perhaps that's it. Would be pretty quirky though.
  • edited July 27, 2010
    entry-spacing often comes together with line-spacing
    If my memory serves right (and it well might not - this goes back to one thread about 18 months ago or so) it was more quirky than that - like hanging indent and entry spacing or something like that.
  • @mark: yes, I should have noted that using negative values isn't the official way to do it (recently there has been some discussion on this topic, which resulted in updated descriptions for entry-spacing and line-spacing for CSL 1.0: http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#whitespace ).

The thread adamsmith referenced seems to be this one:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9520/single-space-bibliography-in-nonnumeric-style/?Focus=44623#Comment_44623
    which seems to indicate that this is indeed a bug in the CSL processor of Zotero 2.0.
  • thanks Rintze for finding it - yes - and it's not even one year old...
  • edited July 28, 2010
    Hm. So just to check my understanding of the issue, am I correct in surmising that to make it working in Z2.0 now, I have to do something quirky, and if CSL1.0 is there (which isn't very long anymore is it?), I need to change this style to keep it working?