Retianing double-spacing when adding citations in 00 3.2

Using OO3.2, Zotero 2.0.3 and Zotero Openoffice Integration 3.0a8, I have a small problem.

If I am writing in double-space mode and I insert a citation, the paragraph gets converted back to single spaces. Am I doing something wrong?

Suggestions welcome.

Kudos to the Zotero design and development team.
  • Is it just me, or do others find that reply an unusually curt response for Zotero staff! I don't think my comments merited quite that terse a reply.

Let me put it differently. Zotero is using the document style default and not the style in effect at the exact point where the insertion is made. This is, I would argue, conceptually incorrect; Zotero should use the style in effect at the insertion point, and it should not modify or alter content outside of its own domain - notes, bibliographies, etc.

In other words, I think this is a very modest design bug, or at least something where there is a need for some control over which style (default or local) Zotero uses when inserting a citation.
  • edited June 24, 2010
    Is it just me, or do others find that reply an unusually curt response for Zotero staff! I don't think my comments merited quite that terse a reply.
    I am not part of the Zotero staff, but am a power user who likes to help other users. I believe that frequently asked questions can be effectively answered by concise answers and a link to the documentation. Brevity is not rudeness.
  • Well then, I will thank you for your efforts, and accept your comments in the spirit they were intended. Thank you.

I hope that you and others would comment on what I see as a very minor design issue. I don't want to change the default style for the document, but I do want Zotero to respect the style in effect at the point that I want the citation inserted.
  • edited June 24, 2010
    I hope that you and others would comment on what I see as a very minor design issue. I don't want to change the default style for the document.
    There are tickets to improve this:
    https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1325
    https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1493
  • Thanks for pointing me to these.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.