Adding notes (or tags or "related") to bibliography output

I would like to generate an annotated bibliography. For a given Zotero entry, I will have one or more notes attached. Is is possible to design a bibliography style that will grab those notes? I fumbled through the CLS guide but did not see any field reference to notes (or "tags" or "related"). I may have missed it (them)...

Any pointers to doc on that possibility?
  • edited March 26, 2010
    There is no way to call those items with CSL.
    Zotero Forums - Notes and Bibliographies
    I don't know if that changes with the upcoming new version, but it doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing it is intended for. I don't know what your intended use is specifically, but does your bibliography have to be in some formal style? You can generate a report from Zotero that will include notes and tags (I'm not sure about related).
    Edit: But also see the tips/workarounds in that thread I linked.
  • Yes, thank you. I finally found the proper threads (there is also http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/73/annotated-bibliography/). The work arounds are not bad. However, I do like that rich text editing in the notes; the "extra" field is, well, pretty lame for any sizeable text editing.

I realize that such feature requests are purely a reflection of how well Zotero works -- I want it to do everything. So, yes again, the minute something works so well, I want it to do more...even everything (if only it would vacuum!).

This feature shouldn't be tough to implement, though, and people have been clamoring for it (I know, along with many more features!).

Thanks for the pointer.
  • another vote for this feature. For those who do annotated bibliographies a big big increase in functionality. Also to me this is clearly within Zotero's core mission (the definition of which is a topic I would like to see discussed more extensively) and ought to be a high priority.