Notes and Bibliographies

Does anybody know if it's possible to easily add notes to a bibliography? I want to create a large bibliography and include notes that are in each library item. I'm just wondering if there's a way to avoid copying and pasting each note individually.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
  • nope, not easily possible - the content of notes cannot be called by csl (the citation style language used by zotero). The content of the "extra" field can be used for something like annotated bibliographies.
  • Thanks so much. Actually I'm trying to produce an annotated bibliography. How do you get the extra material to show up in a bibliography? Is it a matter of choosing the right style?
  • you might have to modify a style - I don't think there is one on the repository
    adding something like
    <text variable="note" prefix="
    "/>

(including the odd looking line break) at the end of the bibliography section should do the trick.
    http://www.zotero.org/support/csl_simple_edits
    gives you some easy to follow instructions for simple style edits.
  • This thread talks about using Chicago Manual of Style (Annotated Bibliography. Does that no longer work?

If it still works, it can be installed here.

Or am I missing something?
  • just to confirm - if Chicago Manual of Style is good for you, the style linked to by arggem will work great (using the information in the extra field).