error with 2.0 upgrade

Per your suggestion to my first failed attempt, I restarted but got this error message. Also, it's not exactly clear what files I need to back up to ensure I preserve my database.

I think it's this but I zipped the folder but it was too big to email to another account. Any suggestions?
C:\Documents and Settings\asheon\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uzx0tkku.default
  • What you have there is probably your entire Firefox profile. In that folder should be a folder called Zotero. That is the folder you want to back up. Here is more on backup if that does not help: zotero_data [Zotero Documentation]
    The directory could still be very large, even when zipped, depending on the types and number of attachments you have. The easiest way to move it would probably be on a flash drive, but there are free services for transferring large files over the internet as well.
  • That's a strange error that I'm not sure why you're getting, but cancel the upgrade attempt and check your database integrity from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs (via Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Zotero -> Options). If the check fails, use the DB Repair Tool.
  • I don't know what you mean but "cancel the installation but I disabled it and now I don't even have the Zotero Icon on my mozilla toolbar. Help!
  • Well, re-enable Zotero, for starters.

Restart Firefox, and when the Zotero upgrade wizard shows up, click Cancel. Then go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Zotero -> Options -> Advanced and click Check Database Integrity.

OK, here's what I did: I stopped the upgrade. I backed up the data. I checked them, got an indication they were corrupt, ran the corrupt fixer, replaced the old file with the new file, ran the upgrade again and got the error message noted above. :(
  • Then I tried again, downloading the link directly from the Zotero page and got this error:

• Send the Upload ID from the repair tool to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread.
  • edited March 22, 2010
    I didn't save the message the first time so I just re-ran the repair:

[output removed — D.S]
  • This is a pretty wild edge case, but we're working on a fix.
  • OK, make a backup of your Zotero data directory, grab the latest branch build, and try the upgrade again. Assuming there are no other problems, it should go through.

You can (and should) then reinstall the official version of Zotero from the homepage.
  • Thanks--does this mean I'll be notified when something new is available or do I click on the hot links? Any idea what went wrong?
  • I'm not sure what you mean. Upgrade using the branch build, and then after the upgrade reinstall 2.0.2.
  • HOORAY! I'm back online. Any idea what went wrong?
  • Not worth your time—trust me.