Zotero Beta 7 Accessibility regression: selecting a resolver

Hello,
In Zotero 7.0.0-beta.110+144f2caed (64-bit) using NVDA 2024.2, I am unable to select a resolver using the keyboard. When I have navigated to the dialogue window item where I can open the resolver list by pressing alt+arrow down, I hear that the list has opened, but I can't find the menu where I can select a continent, country and resolver. This worked better in Zotero 6, however, usage was also counterintuitive when using the keyboard. In Zotero 6, after pressing alt+arrow down to open the list, I would press arrow up to see the items. I would expect focus to jump to the list so that I can select the item I need.
Could you please look into this? Thank you.
  • We'll fix — thanks.
  • Thank you.

Unrelated to this issue: Did you or someone in the team see my previous posts related to accessibility? I on't expect an instant fix, but I didn't see any reaction and just wanted make sure they didn't go unnoticed:
    The feeds area doesn't work in 7, it used to work better in 6: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/115072/zotero-beta-accessibility-of-feeds-area

And another one where I say that Zotero has become more accessible, but since we need to use the tab key quite a lot to navigate the interface, it has become harder to use it efficiently: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/114816/ux-and-keyboard-accessibility

Thank you for your great work.
  • Again somewhat related to the resolver issue, in Zotero 7 I am unable to locate the "find in library" option that will look up the selected item in the library I have specified through the resolver URL. Could some please describe how to find it using the keyboard? Thank you, or at least where it is located now?
  • It's in the new sidebar to the right of the item pane in Zotero 7. We haven't yet made that accessible via the keyboard, but that's on our to-do list.
  • edited August 6, 2024
    @SunDial: The issues with the resolver menu should be fixed in beta 113.
  • @dstillman thank you, selecting a resolver works beautifully, better than in Zotero 6. :)

Thank you also for describing the location of the find in library feature, I managed to find it and save it as a location on screen so I can drag the mouse to it and use it with less hassle, untilll it is properly navigable by keyboard.