Script Error with Zotero 2.0

2»
  • I have the same original message on my MacBookPro. It loads eventually after clicking stop. However, once it finally loaded, Firefox went into sirens and whistles until I shut it down. That's strange behavior for a mac! Is there a Zotero fix yet?
  • Don't click Stop.
  • I am facing the same problem. The problem is rightly written by nate.hudson on march 8. It all started after getting the latest version.

The message is not confined merely to js.255
    There are messages reporting non-responsive files ending with js.56 and some similar one.

I will read this section. But can it be removed.
  • I am having the same problem as nate.hudson - extremely slow loading of Firefox followed by the same message (except js.255 instead of js.244). Returns next time I restart my computer and Firefox regardless of whether I click Stop Script or Continue in a given session. Running Vista SP1, Firefox 3.6.6 and Zotero 2.0.3. Debug ID is D959638941 - I don't know nearly enough about Firefox/Zotero to interpret it myself.
  • Do you know the specifications and operating system of your computer? The times reported in your debug log indicate that Zotero is taking hundreds of times longer to initialize than it does on the computers we use for testing. I've just added a patch to speed things up which may or may not make it into Zotero 2.0.4, but since we have never been able to reproduce these kinds of performance issues, it would be nice to know a bit more.
  • 2-year old Dell XPS M1530 laptop, 3GB RAM, 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 processor, 32-bit Vista SP1. Have 536 references in my Zotero library. The loading times are variable but I see a big difference with Zotero enabled vs. disabled. After a fresh reboot with no other apps running Firefox with Zotero takes 2-4 minutes to load the about:blank page. With Zotero disabled under Add-Ons and rebooted again and Firefox takes around 10-20 seconds. For comparison Google Chrome takes about 15 seconds to load. The laptop is not super-fast but no other app loads this slowly. I will keep an eye out for 2.0.4 or any other suggestions.
  • After a fresh reboot with no other apps running Firefox with Zotero takes 2-4 minutes to load the about:blank page.
    And subsequent Firefox starts with Zotero enabled?
  • similar error
    debug id: 1126702739

thx