Error, Report ID 2064228492

Hi,

For the last few days, I've been having trouble syncing because of this error:
Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.lastModifiedTime]

Nothing has changed with my Zotero setup or Firefox extensions. Sometimes I also get the message that "File Sync Already in Progress."

Not sure what's causing this. Any ideas?

Thanks muchly for such great work on Zotero and congrats on the 2.0 release!

Best,
Lisa
  • edited February 22, 2010
    Restart Firefox completely. If that doesn't help, restart your computer.
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response!

I've tried restarting both Firefox and my computer and still get the error while trying to sync.

Is there anything else to try?

Thanks much for the help.
    Best,
    Lisa
  • Oh - maybe mine is the same thing? I posted this morning on an existing thread from last year. I keep getting Empty Server Response or Invalid response from Server. Here is what the error says:
    [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.clearUserPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://dotnetassistant/content/bootstrap.js :: BootStrapDotNetAsssitantExtension :: line 52" data: no]. I was able to sync 4 days ago, but not today. The report ID is 1671150337.
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/11320/invalid-response-from-server/#Item_2
  • I'll go check and see if this error has gone away when I go home this afternoon.

Thanks so much for all of the developers' hard work! Zotero saves my life on a daily basis.

Cheers!
    Lisa
  • Hi,

I am very sorry to report that this error is proving surprisingly intractable. It is still happening, even after various restarts. The recovery of the Zotero server does not seem to have affected it in the slightest.

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks much.

Best,
    Lisa
  • Upon further inspection of the forum, it seems to be this kind of error:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/11285/nserrorfileaccessdenied-on-sync/#Item_0

I'll do some investigating, although I haven't changed anything recently.

Best,
    L.
  • Yes, the link I provided was for Catlynnl's benefit.

Provide a Debug ID for the error.
  • Hi Dan,

I hope I did the Debug ID thing right. I got a message in the advanced pane of the Zotero preferences:

The Debug ID is D1328572245.

Hope that helps. If I have done this incorrectly, please let me know and I'll run it again.

Thanks much.
    Best,
    Lisa
  • Thanks. We may have a fix for this, but in the meantime you can try using the Reset File Sync History option in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences, which worked for another user.
  • Hi Dan,

I tried the Reset File Sync History and it worked!

Thanks much for your help!

Best,
    Lisa