[bug?] Deleting RSS feed may lead to zotero database corruption

I have a question to ask. Today, when I was deleting RSS subscriptions in Zotero one by one, Zotero froze for a moment, and after restarting, the following issues occurred:

1. I cannot collapse or expand the left classification tree in Zotero. Usually, when I select "my library", and enter "+" or "-" by keyboard, the classification tree will expand or collapse;
2. Zotero starts normally, but when I switch to other collection, it gets stuck at "Loading items..."
3. After closing Zotero, the Zotero process continues to run in the background for about a minute before completely exiting.
4. I cannot add new RSS feeds.
5. At the system level, I cannot use hyperlinks like "zotero://select/items/0_L4YF7PX4" to jump to or locate specific items.

Even after using the repair tool, [Manual Zotero Database Repair Instructions](https://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix/manual) , the issue persists.

Is my database corrupted? Can it be repaired? What should I do to rescue my Zotero database?

thanks
  • Deleting a feed certainly doesn't cause database corruption, no.

Can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through reproducing the problem, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • D1798816158

is that one?
  • First, reset your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. Unlikely to be related, but you're getting an error from some translator installed by a plugin.

How long have you waited? It's possible there's just some activity at startup that needs time to run. The log only shows 20 seconds of wait time. (Your library shouldn't take anywhery near that long, but if you were using feeds heavily, there could be some cleanup required.)

This is a pretty non-standard setup in general, though. This appears to be some portable version of Zotero, it appears to be running on an external disk, and it looks like you were running a massive number of plugins (even if disabled now). So if the problem doesn't go away if you wait longer, I'd recommend eliminating those variables (e.g., by trying to load your zotero.sqlite database in a new profile and data directory on the local disk). There's nothing clearly wrong in the debug output.

If you're sure your data is all synced, you can also always delete your local zotero.sqlite and sync to pull down your data. (But depending on what's going on here, that may not help.)
  • thank you very much.

you are right,
    I use the portable version zotero 7 beta42 on an external disk, and run too much plugins and disabled now for find the reason that causing the problem.

Just before, I opened zotero, let it alone for about 20 minutes, close zotero, opened zotero again, let it alone for about 20 minutes again, SURPRISINGLY, my database runs correctly, it's likely that zotero can make "Self-correction", which need some times, about 20 minutes for my library.

I will check my library again carefully.

thanks again.