Trying to clarify my understanding of storage for sync

Hi! I recently started receiving warnings that I was about to hit my 300mb storage limit. I thought this would be fine if I could continue using the PDFs on my desktop's local storage -- meaning, I thought that this meant that whether I accessed Zotero on my iPad or through the web, I could still see all the items I have, just not any attached PDFs.

However, lately I noticed that some new entries I added are not showing up in the web or iPad versions of Zotero. Is it the case that the Zotero storage also counts items, and not just attached files? Or am I doing something wrong here?
  • No, storage is just for files. See Changes Not Syncing for items.
  • OK, I have gone through all the steps and determined that #6 is required. It appears that the changes are appearing on the web, and not on the iPad. In that case should I do the debug output logging on the MacOS app, or the iPad app? Or both?
  • If the items appear in the online library, the only device that's relevant is the one where they don't appear.
  • Hi, I've logged my debug ID which is D228675374. I think it logged the sync issue multiple times since I couldn't figure out how to get the debug ID at first.
  • We'll take a look. It's possible there's a bug where a quota error on an upload from the app is preventing other data from being downloaded (which shouldn't happen, and which isn't how the desktop app works).
  • Thanks. I am waiting for funding to come through so I can purchase more storage, but in the meantime I would appreciate you looking into it. I do get the error on my ipad that "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded."
  • Hey @EmmaWK, the issue should be fixed in the upcoming iOS/iPadOS release.
    If you want, you can try it before that, and provide any additional feedback, by using the public beta.
    Please check https://www.zotero.org/support/beta_builds#zotero_for_ios_beta for instructions.
  • I'm a little wary about trying betas so I will probably just wait until the new release. Do you know when that will be?

Also, I think I should be able to purchase more storage now. Will that definitely fix my problem even though the issue wasn't with file storage ?
  • Version 1.0.20 just came out. Please update and let us know if the issue still occurs.
  • Appears to be fixed. Thank you!!