troubleshooting the "some data could not be downloaded" warning

I get the warning that "some data could not be downloaded" but no information as to which files are missing. How does one identify which files aren't syncing? I have about 8000 references so manual inspection isn't an option.
  • You don't troubleshoot it — you upgrade to the same version you were using elsewhere, or you put up with the warning until you can.

If you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the warning, we can tell you what it is, though. Most likely at the moment would be that you created new annotation types in the Zotero 7 beta and are now trying to sync with Zotero 6.
  • I am on the most recent version of Zotero 6 for both laptops (one is a pc, the other is a mac though), and receive the warning for both. It also doesn't appear every time, implying that it's not actually about the version. Will post the debug ID soon
  • I'm having the same issue. I'm using a mac. My debug ID is D4955116.
  • @aballard710: That's not a valid Debug ID.
  • My debug id is D934728717
  • Here's another debug ID, not sure the problem occurred with the last one: D852121473
  • Invalid data error for item DIMZRIN7 in My Library: Invalid field 'publicationTitle' for type preprint
    Same answer as this thread, but with Type: preprint in your case.
  • thanks, this has fixed it