[solved] Import error on "import from clipboard"

edited May 15, 2023
If I understand correctly from https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70420/allow-pasting-of-bibtex-entries I should be able to have a bibtex entry in my clipboard and paste it using this functionality. When I try I get an error about import errors, similar to

line 7, column 25: Expected "#", "%", ",", "\"", "{", "{\\verb", Mandatory Whitespace, Optional Whitespace, [_:a-zA-Z0-9\-], [a-zA-Z\-_], or [})] but end of input found.

The example entry I try to use looks similar to

@inproceedings{someFantasticKey,
author = {A. Banana},
title = {Some Title},
booktitle = {Some Book},
pages = {3-5},
number = {14},
language = {english}

Which looks fine to me. Or, at least the end of it, maybe there are missing fields in my example but that is not what the error message complains about. I should add that I use Better BibTex which is maybe the culprit (I don't quite know how this works..)
  • If you can reproduce with BBT disabled, we can help you here, but otherwise you'll need to ask the BBT developer for help on GitHub.
  • I'm silly, there is of course a missing bracket to close the entry. The tool I got this reference from had an error and did not add the last closing bracket.

The same tool gave a key with spaces, which seems to work fine with BBT disabled but with BBT it failed to import. Which as you say is probably related to the plugin.