[iOS, Feature Request] Toggle for directional scroll lock in PDF viewer

Hi there,

I would like to recommend a feature for the Zotero iOS app: a simple toggle that restricts scrolling to the selected Scroll Direction while using the internal PDF viewer.

Here's my use-case scenario: I have a PDF with consistently wide margins. In order to improve the reading experience, I will zoom in to effectively crop out the margins on the left and right. As my Scroll Direction is set to Vertical, I will swipe up and down to move in between pages, and there is no reason for me to adjust the view left or right. However, when swiping up/down, it is not uncommon for my swipe to be unintentionally diagonal, which results in undesired horizontal (diagonal) movement as well (e.g., moving left, cropping some text on the right while showing me more of the left margin).

Zotero's iOS app does appear to lock the scroll direction to a certain extent based on the initial direction of the swipe and up to a certain tolerance threshold. In other words, if I begin swiping down, it will usually lock in a vertical scroll until the swipe motion changes enough to warrant some horizontal/free scrolling as well. This tolerance protection is helpful, but I still end up erroneously scrolling horizontally/freely. If the swipe unintentionally begins in a more diagonal fashion, then it appears to just scroll freely with no tolerance correction (a logical but, in this context, unhelpful behavior).

Apps like PDF Expert have toggles for automatically cropping margins, which I find to be very helpful but would also be a *much* more complex feature request. I reckon the simple scroll lock toggle (perhaps below the "Allow device to sleep" toggle) would be simpler to implement and allow the user to somewhat manually replicate that behavior.

As an aside, thank you very much for creating such a good, intuitive, and powerful iOS app that integrates seamlessly with the desktop program. I switched away from Zotero years ago because I found a more streamlined solution for juggling an iPad reading/desktop writing workflow, but I returned months ago and am very happy to be back.