Problems syncing up manually downloaded files up to the cloud

Dear Zotero,
Because publishers have set up barriers to bulk downloading, some of which I can't easily work around via Zotero Preferences and UnPayWall, I had to individually download many files yesterday to the Downloads directory of my home computer. I have tried to sync these files up. The links have synced up correctly, but the attachments I manually downloaded have not. I suppose that, if I had to do so, I could copy and paste them one at a time into the appropriate Zotero directory on my computer, but there are probably 700 such files in about 12 folders. There must be an easier way.
Please help,
jbrennerFIT
  • edited March 5, 2023
    I'm not really sure what you mean here.

If you want to add files to Zotero in bulk, you can just select them and drag them all in, and Zotero will attempt to retrieve metadata for them.

If you're saying you already have regular items for those papers and want to somehow automatically connect the files you downloaded manually to the existing items, that's not possible. You would have to drag each PDF on top of the appropriate item.

I don't know what you mean by "the appropriate Zotero directory on my computer".

https://www.zotero.org/support/adding_items_to_zotero#adding_pdfs_and_other_files