Zotero can't delete cache files - and doesn't sync

Every time I attempt to sync my Zotero library, I receive an error message along the following lines:

"The file '/Users/pethe244/Zotero/storage/96JRVK9I/.zotero-ft-cache' cannot be deleted. Check that the file is not currently in use and that its permissions allow write access. Restarting your computer or disabling security software may also help."

I have tried manually to delete the problematic folder, but then I receive a new error message, indicating another cache file can't be deleted.

I've tried to restart my computer, and I've tried to reset my Zotero library. Neither helps. I'm only using about half of my online storage. I don't understand how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Petter
  • It's what the message says — either file permissions or third-party security software on the system is interfering with Zotero's ability to delete files within its own data directory. You'll need to fix that. It's not a problem in Zotero itself.

(I don't know what you mean by "tried to reset my Zotero library".)
  • Thanks for your reply. I'll continue that road and see where it ends. Petter