unable to refresh word documents

Hello, I have been having issues with using Zotero after saving the document. I can't tell if one of my citations is corrupted impacting Zotero, or something else. The only thing I can think of that the issue is, is because I am saving to OneDrive.
At the moment in time, every document saved within OneDrive and having Zotero activated gives me the "Zotero integration error. Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?" error. When I review the troubleshooting page and followed the steps.
However, using Zotero SOMETIMES works, and sometimes doesn't, once saved.
I haven't had any issues within the past 2 weeks, but now all of a sudden I am- even on files where I copy and paste into a new document. I have tried making new copies of documents and saving on local drive, but Zotero syncing is inconsistent.

Is there a more effective way to use OneDrive/Word and Zotero? Does Zotero provide support for inserting Zotero citations-- the way that works in Word Desktop is that the process uses a plug in to add the information from Zotero into Word. I have only been using OneDrive/Word, NOT Google Docs. Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, is there a "back up" or "export" to have the references saved on a word document (all at once, instead of going in individually and copying/pasting from Zotero to a word doc to have for when Zotero isn't working/syncing?
  • As I said repeatedly in your previous thread, no one is able to help you here if you don't follow the steps on Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents. There's no point in posting here if you can't do so — you're just wasting your own time.

Again, if you're having trouble following the steps, you should ask someone to help you go through them and, if you get to the end after trying everything, help you post here with the requested information.

But it sounds like you're having trouble with a document on OneDrive, so as the page says, you should either save it to your local disk or try removing spaces in the filename. There's nothing else we can tell you.
    I have tried making new copies of documents and saving on local drive, but Zotero syncing is inconsistent.
    I don't know what you mean by "but Zotero syncing is inconsistent".
  • Hello again MR. stillman,
    The report ID is 536095301. I have asked a number of different people for help, and screenshared with other colleagues, all of who suggested posting in the forums. I have stated I have followed all the steps which concludes why I am posting in the forms. As I clearly stated,
    even when I copy and paste (step 7), and delete everything (Unless the error still occurs if you completely clear the contents of the document; step 11) the errors still occur.
    Am I able to successfully save to OneDrive to open from another computer (I need to access files for work through OneDrive), then save to local computer, and have Zotero work so long as all computers have the same Zotero items needed linked? In other words, if I save something to OneDrive on computer 1, go to computer 2 and save the document from OneDrive to the local drive, will Zotero still sync?
    I have tried saving with no spaces, instead with _ , and am still getting issues.
    Zotero syncing is inconsistent means Zotero does not sync consistently, thus creating issues, again the reason this post exists.
  • I have asked a number of different people for help, and screenshared with other colleagues, all of who suggested posting in the forums.
    No, you're missing the point. I'm saying you should ask someone to go through the steps with you and, if necessary, help you post here with the requested info, since you haven't been able to follow the steps on your own. Even your Report ID isn't correct — it doesn't show you encountering any errors, so there's just literally nothing else we can say here.

You can use the same Word document on any computer with a synced Zotero library, yes. But if you're having trouble with a document in OneDrive, you need to work off a local document.
    Zotero syncing is inconsistent means Zotero does not sync consistently, thus creating issues, again the reason this post exists.
    Snarky comments aren't going to get you help. I have no idea what Zotero functionality you're even referring to by "sync consistently". If you want to actually use more words, we can try to help you. Otherwise you're on your own.
  • I am trying to learn and improve to have Zotero working as it is supposed to, which is not, which prompted this inquiry. I would like to speak to someone else to express my concerns and issues I'm experiencing, please.
  • Again:
    As I said repeatedly in your previous thread, no one is able to help you here if you don't follow the steps on Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents. There's no point in posting here if you can't do so — you're just wasting your own time.

Again, if you're having trouble following the steps, you should ask someone to help you go through them and, if you get to the end after trying everything, help you post here with the requested information.
    We're not going to approve further posts of yours here. If you're at a university, ask your library or help desk to post here on your behalf and we'll work with them to help you, but it's pretty clear at this point that we're not going to be able to help you otherwise.
  • I also told you exactly what to do — save the file locally and use that — so I'm not sure what you're even asking at this point. But if you still need help, ask someone to post here for you.