citationstyles without firstnames or initials

Hello,

is there any way to have Zotero format the in text references without either full first names or initials? (e.g. "Smith 2003" instead of "E. Smith 2003")

Thanks,

Gitty
  • I now found out that first names/initials only appear with some references, but not with others (e.g. when using American Sociological Association style)
  • Check to see whether you're citing two different Smiths. It should only add an initial in order to differentiate between two different authors with the same surname.
    Regards, Jon.
  • thanks that seems to be the reason. It happens only when I have two authors with the same surname (e.g. Smith and Smith)
  • I have a simular problems with a source with two authors with the same name. I understand that if you have two sources with authors of the same name you would want to differentiate between the two, but if you have one source with something like Smith and Smith you don't really want it to say E. Smith and A. Smith, at lieast not according to my understanding of ASA-citation-style. Is there an easy way arround this problem?
  • i second chuelibrueder.