Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.0 and OO 3.1.1

Hi.
I use OO 3.1.1 with the Zotero plugin.
You can see here
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3971/schermatama.png
the position of the plugin in the menu.

I want to change that position: from the first part of the menu to the final part.

But it seems impossible!
Help me!
  • If you're referring to the toolbar of buttons for the plugin then you should be simply able to click on the toolbar and drag it to wherever you want, same as you would do for any other toolbar.

Regards,
    Jon.
  • mh... it's not possible... it seems blocked...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9136/schermata1d.png

I can move the other toolbar, but not the zotero one.
  • edited February 10, 2010
    I have OO 3.0.1 installed here, and the toolbar section containing that run of icons is also locked. The "Lock Toolbar Position" item in the menu shown by clicking on the expand-items arrow icon at the end of that toolbar section is ticked, but the text is greyed out, and clicking on the tick-box has no effect. In other words, same thing here.

(Under Linux in my case.)
  • OK, try this (bit of a hack but should work) lock the 'standard' toolbar (the one immediately to the right of the Zotero toolbar).
    Go to View/Toolbar and uncheck the Zotero toolbar.
    Recheck the Zotero toolbar and it should appear to the right of the standard toolbar.
    Don't know why it was locked, but then I'm on a linux box, so that may be the difference.
  • In OO 3.0.1 here, it appears on the left like before, when the View -> Toolbars -> Zotero setting is restored, even with the standard toolbar locked. So on one system, at least, the workaround doesn't get around it.

(Should maybe note that this isn't a big issue for me personally, although something does seem to be a little awry with the toolbar controls.)
  • Drat, misplaced overconfidence.
    I, personally, agree with Frank's last two points - I've never been bothered to move the toolbar before and there is definitely something a bit wrong with how the Zotero toolbar is operating as, in my case (Ubuntu, OOo 3.1.1), I can't lock the Zotero toolbar position.
    Anybody tried it on OOo 3.2?
  • The same for me (on linux ubuntu)
  • OK, just to answer my own question - looks like OOo 3.2RC5 I can lock the toolbar - so maybe this was / is more of an openoffice problem than a Zotero one?
  • OO 3.1.1: the problem is that you can't unlock (and you can't move) the zotero toolbar
  • I confirm that it is solved in OO 3.2 (ubuntu experience...)
  • Well, I don't think it is solved. I'm using Gentoo Linux, Firefox 3.5.8, Zotero 2.0, OO 3.2.0 with zotero integration 3.0, and the Zotero toolbar is still completely locked. I seem to have tried all possible combinations of locking and unlocking other toolbars but the zotero one keeps appearing leftmost on top row without possibility to unlock - that is move. Quite annoying actually...

Haven't yet tried to uninstall zotero, update all programs (that is recompile in Gentoo) and install zotero again - being in a sensitive writing stage I will not start mess with this right now....
  • edited March 23, 2010
    Leaving it alone is probably a good policy for the present, if you're busy in work. Note that the people who report success seem to be using the Ubuntu distro, which would include Debian and Ubuntu patches of the upstream source. The problem may not have been corrected in the vanilla source at version 3.2.0, in which case you'd be seeing the behavior of the "real" OO 3.2. Your first port of call is probably the Gentoo community, to check whether the issue is shared by others running from the same source. In any case, the problem does not appear to be caused by code supplied by Zotero.
  • i also had the problem with the zotero toolbar beeing locked, running ubuntu 10.04 (lucid, 64bit) with openoffice 3.2.0.

the problem is in the file:
    /home/$$$YOUR-USERNAME$$$/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterWindowState.xcu
    i believe this holds the information on where your toolbars and stuff like that are located.
    if you delete the file, openoffice will create a new one with default settings (and an unlocked and movable zotero toolbar)
  • The trick of 'hansvschoot' is quite handy and it has been working for me.
    But if you are scared of loosing to many configurations,
    you just open the file, search for the
    <node oor:name="private:resource/toolbar/addon_Zotero.OfficeToolBar">
    and within that block for
    <prop oor:name="Locked" oor:type="xs:boolean">
    <value>true</value>
    than you should change from 'true' to 'false' and START openoffice
    of course, you had to have openoffice being closed before :-)
  • @hansvschoot, Thanks! Worked fine. I prefer renaming config files with "-old" appended rather than deletion, but thanks for posting the location of the file. Worked like a charm.
  • Thanks, the trick worked also for me.
    Unfortunately the Zotero toolbar go back to its top-left locked position every time I accidentaly hit the print preview button... and I have to use again the workaround.
  • This is an incredibly annoying issue. Is there a more permanent fix in development?
  • bialozyts workaround seems to work for me. At least after one restart of LibreOffice, the Zotero toolbar is still unlocked. A real fix would be good though. The issue seems to subsist for quite some time now.

Also under Windows 7 with LibreOffice 3.3.3 the path to the relevant file quite different:
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\3\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\1EF5.tmp_\Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt\Office\UI\WriterWindowState.xcu