Keyboard shortcut for opening record/file?

Hi, is there a convenient keyboard shortcut for opening the currently selected record/file? Something analogous to double-clicking on the record (as far as I can see, this opens the attached PDF or goes to the URL depending on type of record.
  • In Zotero 2.0 you could tab to View Item and press space bar. In Zotero 2.1, with the new locate menu in the Zotero toolbar, this is no longer possible, though View is available through the item's context menu (which might be accessible via the keyboard on some platforms). We'll see what we can do to add a proper keyboard shortcut in a future version.
  • Thanks, yes I remember that 'View Item' in 2.0. Will wait then (and use my mouse for the time-being).
  • Any news on keyboard shortcuts for opening attached pdfs or opening records in Zotero Firefox plugin?

I'm using Firefox 5.0.1 for Mac.

I'm accessing all menus using mouse. It'd be great if we could access them using the keyboard alone (because mousing is often a source for repetitive strain injury for heavy computer users).