LOVE the Proxy handling of Zotero

I would like to comment about the AWESOME job Zotero does with Proxies. My University is allowing me to access its library and its subscribed resources (EBSCO, Emerald...) with Proxy. The usual route is to surf to Online Library in the Uni and then click on the links of various resources.
But i do it in a different way... First is surf to Google Scholar and there i do my research, this allows me to do a broad search (Hate TD-NET, our local resource manager) on many resources at once. Then i access the paper and Zotero kicks in and restores the Proxy, if its ignored i just click F5 for page refresh and Zotero kicks in with its Proxy restore.
That save me a trouble to use our local search crap called TD-NET or to search each resource independently.
So if i even don't use Zotero for citation, it still very useful for quick and easy work with Google Scholar and bypassing Uni Library crap.

Keep the Good Work

P.S
Sorry for my bad English, not my native tongue.
  • I second this. It is quite amazing to see how smoothly this all works for the end user. Great job.
  • Indeed work good.
    I think Zotero "realized" i am using proxy when i started adding information from resources and Zotero automatically added proxy settings.
    The COOL thing is that Zotero can "restore" proxy and thus it bypasses the need to go to the Uni Library and thus Google Scholar works great.
    Actually My Uni imposed a technical limitation on Google Scholar, any Uni can add its library to Google but since i surf from home, My IP adress is different so i cannot access Uni resources on Google Scholar. Thats when Zotero does great Job.

By the way i do use Zotero for Citation, but its Proxy recognition & restore can be a tool by itself.
  • Yes - the proxy redirection is awesome. I remember a few months ago it broke for a day or two (my uni had switched to a new proxy system and I didn't realise for a bit). By the end of the first day I was absolutely tearing my hair out with the hassle of having to access everything through the (dreadful) university library interface.