Ability to View Abstracts/Info from Word Processor Plugin

I am trying to use Zotero to replace Endnote in order to write biomedical research papers. One issue I've found is that with the MS Word plugin, when I search for citations, I cannot see the abstracts in the plugin.

This is critical, since while I'm writing, I come to a point that I want to add references, I may only know the author or journal name of the reference I'm thinking about -- in Endnote, I could search for that cue - find a few references that might match, and then look through the abstracts for each of them (or click the url links to go to them online) and remember which ones I want to use.

With Zotero, I have to leave the word processor, go Zotero in firefox, do the search, read through the abstracts, then go back to the word processor plugin, and redo the search to find the citation I want.
  • agreed, options for previewing items in the word plugin aren't great.
    I use the ZoteroQuickLook plugin, which allows you to quickly open/preview pdfs from within both Zotero and the word plugin. If you have most of your articles attached as pdfs that mostly solves this problem, but some better solution, including also a way to access notes from the word plugin, would certainly be great.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoteroquicklook/
  • I echo these comments -- the ability to check the abstract/info/notes while selecting citations would make the process much less cumbersome.
  • the quicklook plugin now also previews notes, btw.