Unable to shrink panes horizontally

I'm using Zotero in Firefox2 on a laptop running GNU/Linux, with the maximum possible screen resolution of 800x600. When I open Zotero, I am unable to shrink the Items List pane in the centre sufficiently to allow me to view the entirety of Item Details pane on the right, which means I can't access the "+" button to allow me to add multiple authors, etc. In fact, I am unable to resize any of the three panes - the Collections pane on the left, the Items List in the centre, or the Item Details pane on the right - to make them bigger or smaller.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in anticipation,

Alexis.
  • In the latest dev build I've reduced the minimum width of the middle column enough to buy a few more pixels on the right, though 800px is going to be pretty tight with the current layout no matter what.

In the future, the visibility of the panes (and possibly even the orientation of the panes) will likely be customizable.

In the meantime before 1.0.4 comes out, you can use Shift-Enter to add a new creator line.
  • *nod* Okay, thanks!
  • related problem-- I can't seem to shrink/expand the Collections pane. I can see the up/down pointer, but it doesn't do anything. As it is the tags pane is taking up 3/4 of the zotero window, making it hard to drag and drop into collections folders. I don't even use tags (don't judge) -- is there a way to close that pane all together so I can see my collections folders better?