Drag from trash to collection does not work

After accidentally deleting an item I wanted to drag it from the trash into a collection. The line with the folder got highlighted, but the item did not appear there. On a second attempt, it did not get highlighted any more, one can only move it into a different collection, with the same unsatisfying result.

Finally I discovered that there is a 'Restore to library' button in a place where I would not expect anything related to such a function. I would suggest that dragging from the trash to a library automatically activates 'Restore to library'. As a more simple solution, disabling dragging and moving the 'Restore to library' function to a more obvious place (Button above or below the list of items? Context menu entry?) would already help a bit.

Zotero version 2.0.b7.6.
  • edited May 9, 2010
    I found this report after trying to move some files to another folder in my library. When I deleted the originals the copies in the new folder went to the trash too.

Since I am only recently trying to pull all of my pdfs into zotero, I don't know if I've missed something that I shoudl have done differently or if it is a true 'bug'..in any case. v2.0.3

I had the same problem as the original post too. Maybe adding it to 'right-click' functionality makes more sense....since that's they way it works for other platforms (mac, etc).
  • Since I am only recently trying to pull all of my pdfs into zotero, I don't know if I've missed something that I shoudl have done differently or if it is a true 'bug'
    It's not a bug.

http://www.zotero.org/support/collections
  • edited June 3, 2011
    It would have been helpful to state where the restore to library button was! I found it on the right of the record listing!

I second the suggestion of enabling dragging items back to whichever collection. It's currently misleading in that it appears to happen but upon checking, it hasn't. It's also peculiar behaviour that the folder one attempts to drag to highlights on the first attempt but not on the second.
  • I support the feature suggestions

* from schmid to >either< enable the possibility to drag an entry out of the trash in a (sub-)collection or disable the dragging feature in the trash at all so the users (like me too) are not confused,

* from schmid and gharp to add "restore to library" in the context menu.

Additionally, I think it would be helpful that a message saying in which (sub-)collection the entry is restored is displayed after clicking on "restore to library".