Autorename All Files (based on Metadata)

I really like the option to rename attachments from the parent metadata. I would like to apply this to my entire library. Is there a way to do this, instead of one by one?
  • You can create a saved search for [Item Type] [is] [Attachment], Select All (which will only select the matched attachments), and then do right-click, "Rename ...".
  • Dan, Great.

Running now, we'll see what happens.
  • edited June 1, 2011
    Is the answer to this different in 2011? When I put "[Item Type] [is] [Attachment]" into the search box, no items are returned.

Edit: Okay, I've discovered that if I click on 'advance search' (magnifying glass), then those are options. There is no way to select all however, except by selecting the first item and holding shift and end. Then, right click doesn't do anything. Neither does the context click button on the keyboard (between Windows key and Ctrl on right side of keyboard)
  • On windows, you can select all items by clicking Ctrl+a. Then right-click "Rename from...".
    If there is no "rename...", that's because some attachments have no parent item: you need to deselect them (ctrl-click) before.
  • edited June 2, 2011
    Hi. It's not that the option is absent from the menu - there is no menu whatsoever.

It's the same on a Win 7 and a Win XP machine, Zoter0 2.1.6, FF 4.01.