Zotero not inserting citation

Dear all,
I'm currently working with Word 2010 and Zotero 2.16. I try to insert citation in a.doc document and after I've selected (from the zotero plugin that seems to work perfectly) a citation, I click on "OK"and nothing happens...no insertion, nothing. If I click on "Cancel" then the zotero plugin close and no citation inserted...here is the log for this error.
D1268606830.
many thanks in advance! :)
Fulvio
  • Same issue here: neither a single citation nor a multiple citation can be inserted using the wordprocessor. When clicking the OK button in the Add/Edit citation window, nothing happens. The window can be closed with the close- or cancel button.

I am running Ubuntu 11.04, with:
    Firefox 4.0.1 / Zotero 2.1.6
    LibreOffice 3.3.2 / Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.5a1
  • maybe resolved. It's a problem of style not working. I'm using "Plos One (dev)" downloaded from the repository, but it seems that is old and not working with zotero 2.1.6 From a quick search on the archives, I've found this link for a updated version of the style...here is the original citation, the link for the new style and how to you use it ...
    I've upgraded the plos style for you
    download it from this link (save link as...)
    https://gist.github.com/raw/804674/a1e60f0fb81d3435e6ec78ad98de9efbd6a67501/plos.csl
    then drag the downloaded file 'plos.csl' to any open Firefox Window
    Firefox will prompt whether you want to update the style, click OK and you should be good to go.
    Hope this work for you too ! :) enjoy
  • This is not actually a problem with the PLOS style on the repository, which is up to date, but with the way Zotero 2.1.6 handles so-called "dependent" styles - i.e. styles that differ in name only from a "parent" style (in this case PLOS One is dependent on "Public Library of Science"). This is fixed for Zotero 2.1.7.
  • ehmm..sorry...but the zotero 2.1.7 is already downloadable? because I've tried to unistall and reinstall but it is still 2.1.6 :)
  • no - it's coming out this week (presumably) - you can always see the most recent released version on zotero.org at the top right. You never need ton de-install for an upgrade.
  • yep, I've checked :) thanks...so in the meantime (I'm writing a paper, so in a little hurry), I'll use the "fix" linked above...:)
  • you can just install the parent style from the repo, too - i.e . Public Library of Science instead of PLOS One.