Problem: "Unresponsive script" while uploading pdfs

Hi there,

I am having troubles with Zotero. I just filed a report (ID: 1848651443).

Basically, the problem occurs when I upload pdf files: it lets me choose the file, I press OK and then, after a few seconds, the following message appears:

"Warning: Unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:125"

If I choose to continue, I would get the message once again. If I choose to stop the script, I am forced the restart Firefox.

I am currently using Firefox 3.6.17, and Zotero 2.1.6. Can you please fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance
Melone
  • which operating system?
  • Sorry, my bad ... Mac OS X 10.4.11.
  • Hi Adam,

I apparently solved the problem by disabling the auto-sync from preferences. But it now seems even slower than usual in uploading a pdf ...
  • Hi,

It seems the solution was only temporary. I still can't upload more than one pdf without restarting firefox. I sent a new report (ID: 265116598) and posted here: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/17953/id-265116598-uploading-one-pdf-forces-me-to-restart-firefox/
  • Check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs. There's an error in your error report suggesting that your Firefox Places database is corrupt, which might also suggest that there's something wrong with your Zotero database, though there's no error to indicate that.

Provide a Debug ID for the adding of a PDF, through at least five clicks of "Continue" on the Unresponsive Script Warning dialog.
  • Dear Dan,

Sorry for the redundant thread ...

I checked the integrity database, but was fine.

I then followed the Debug ID procedure. Here it is: The Debug ID is D1334034360. However, this time it was different. The script window, with "continue", appeared just once. I really don't know what's going on.

Anyway thanks a lot for your help
  • It's unlikely that it's anything special—just this:

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/unresponsive_script_warning

If you're running 10.4, you likely have a pretty old computer, probably without enough memory. Adjust the script warning timeout as explained in that article. It's only an issue if you get freezes after that.