No zotero folder icon in my location bar for my public library

My library, public on zotero, doesn't display a zotero folder icon in the location for myself:
http://www.zotero.org/copystar/items/collection/19403

I can see folder icon in other people's public library pages, just not mine. Is that meant to be? If not - how can I fix this?
  • I seem to remember this being intentional, but I don't remember the logic behind it.
  • Because it doesn't make much sense to save items that are already in your own library?
  • But what if I want to? I also have trouble seeing why it would be necessary, but it's a surprising violation of the general rule of translator behavior being completely blind to the local database and its contents.

Still, maybe there's a benefit-- people might otherwise make duplicates of library items and cause various unexpected issues...

This can easily be avoided by logging out of the Zotero website and saving from the page.
  • Well, it's not based on what's in your local database. It's just based on whether you're logged in and looking at your own library.

And yes, the idea is to avoid unnecessary duplication.
  • I know it doesn't actually expose anything to the translator that isn't ordinarily available-- and this isn't a big deal at all. You never know what people might accidentally do if they misinterpret the icons in the personal library.
  • Thanks ajlyon and Dan for clearing this up. It's much appreciated.