Problems importing from Scopus

2»
  • Import RIS file with Zotero standalone 2.1a2
    Debug ID: D45576147
  • Import BibTex file with Zotero standalone 2.1a2
    Debug ID: D1386262441
  • Any movement on Scopus?

Latest Zotero updates have not made any difference. Still get an error when clicking on the address-bar icon.

Individual search results _can_ be exported from Scopus as Endnote files and imported into Zotero, but they do not include the abstract, and it is a laborious process, one at a time.
  • No, no movement. There was an offer by someone who was going to work on a translator, but that hasn't happened yet. I also offered to work on it, and I was kindly sent the source of several example pages to work with, but I haven't done it yet (in part because I was hoping said other person would do it). I don't have access to Scopus, so it's a little difficult to develop and test for. I will try to make this happen.
  • I just get an access to Scopus few days ago, and like Paddywhacker I hoped to simply click on the address-bar icon.
    It runs for me one article by one article. But it fails if I try to register several articles in the same time.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Sorry for this now post, but with the new SciVerse interface, Scopus users can search on a hub mixing Scopus, ScienceDirect and somme selected sources on the web.

When I make a search on the hub interface, the click on the address-bar icon (folder icon) runs !!! But only a part of the results displayed are proposed in the list : severals come from Scopus, others come from ScienceDirect, and others from the web. All the references proposed for a download in Zotero have a DOI, the others not.
  • If you hover over the URL bar symbol, which translator does Zotero say it is using? I'd guess DOI?
  • Sorry, I'm not sure to well understand.
    When I hover over the Zotero icon (folder) in the URL bar, the label is : Register to Zotero... (Scopus) (in French, Enregistrer dans Zotero).
  • I sent today a request to Scopus team for developing a better translator. I'll give you feedback as soon as possible.
  • Please go to http://github.com/ajlyon/translators/raw/master/Scopus.js and save the file to the translators directory of your Zotero data directory (http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data).

It should start working again. If this works for you, please post here so that I can submit this change to be pushed to all users.

It may still be necessary to do some more post-processing to account for problems with the RIS export from Scopus-- let me know of any consistent data issues you encounter.

This version also uses something of a crude hack to work with proxies, since it constructs its URLs in a way that Zotero's proxy system apparently doesn't catch. If you run into any problems accessing Scopus through a proxy, let me know. EZProxy should work-- others might not.