Style Request:The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry

Dear All,
I would kindly ask for help for the following citation style "The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry" .
It is similar to the "Council of Science Editors (Name-Year) - CSE-Style".

Differences from similar style: For a work with two to six authors, list all the authors. For seven or more authors, the World journal of biological psychiatry lists in the references at the end of the text the first six authors followed by ‘et al.’. CSE-Style lists the first ten followed by “et al.” (for “and others”).

Link to style guide: http://informahealthcare.com/page/Description?journalCode=wbp

Error in CSE:
When I use CSE - Style, for in text citation in a longer paper with figures, I receive in some cases the error that 3 Authors are cited instead of one author plus et al.
Example from the text: (Biederman, Petty, et al. 2010).

For your kind help I would like to thank in advance.
TimTom
  • I'll take a look - will take some time for the new style, though.

For the CSE issue - this is a form of disambiguation to distinguish between two citations that would otherwise both be (Biedermann et al. 2010) - if that's not correct for CSE I can fix it.
  • Thank you very much.

I looked at the CSE citation. It shouldn't be ambiguous. I use the multiple sources mode and found the same problem at a different text passages with completely different authors. I attach both passages.

- (Biederman and Faraone 2005; Biederman, Petty, et al. 2010)
    - (Kupersmith et al. 1982; Masson, Mestre, and Blin 1993; Djamgoz et al. 1997; Bodis-Wollner and Antal 2006)

Thank you very much for your kind and quick help.
  • nothing wrong about the second one - they're all like they're supposed to be.

For the first one - could you try removing the Biederman, Petty et all from that multiple citation and putting it in an individual one to see if that changes things?
    Disambiguation has gotten pretty complicated and it's possible that something isn't working right.

And you're absolutely sure there is no other citation that has Biederman in it and is from 2010?
  • I checked and noticed that both citation were Added 2010. So I deleted that and downloaded it again. Now it works fine. Thanks.

Sorry for my mistake. The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry asks if an article with more than two authors is cited, only the first author’s name plus ‘et al.’ need to be given (e.g., Komor et al. 1979) in the text. And I thought by mistake the CSE is the same here.
  • So to summarize, the only differences between CSE and WJBP are
    1. In text: WJBP uses et al for >2 authors (CSE for >3)
    2. Bibliography: WJBP uses et al for >6 authors. listing the first 6 (CSE use et al for >10 authors)
  • Yes, that is right.
    I attach for security the short text from the journal it self. CBE is to my knowledge equivalent to CSE. Thank you very much.

"The WJBP uses the CBE style of references with the name/year system. All references cited in the text are to be listed (double-spaced) at the end of the manuscript in alphabetical order under the last name of the first author. If there are more than six authors, list the first six authors and use ‘et al.’ Articles ‘in press’ may be included, but must state the journal that has accepted them. Personal communications should be avoided. Journal titles should be abbreviated according to Index Medicus.

References in the text should be noted with the author last name and publication year within parentheses. If there are two authors, both should be named (e.g., Agar and Douglas 1955); if an article with more than two authors is cited, only the first author’s name plus ‘et al.’ need to be given (e.g., Komor et al. 1979); if there is more than one reference by the same author or team of authors in the same year, then a, b, c, etc., should be added to the year, both in the text and the list of references."
  • A style is here now:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/raw/master/world-journal-biological-psychiatry.csl
    download from this link using right-click --> save link as...
    and install by dragging to any open FF window.
    Should be mostly good, but please do check - I'm not sure what to do about some details - their style guide is sloppy, so check with journal articles.
  • Thank you very much.
    I checked it and it worked fine. Up to now I could not find a discrepancy between the new style and my comparison with journal articles.