more columns in middle pane

I would like to have the option of adding other data fields as columns to the middle pane. Currently there are Creator, Title, +, Type, etc. It would be very useful to be able to see and sort records by other data fields (especially Date, Publication, and Series).
  • For those who are unaware of this feature, you can click on the little "spreadsheet" icon above the vertical scroll bar in the middle pane (top and far right of the pane) to get a menu of columns you can add (or subtract) from the middle pane. We don't have publication, date (of pub, I assume), or series, but it's very feasible that we could provide columns for any field that shows up in all item types.
  • I would love to see tags as one of the columns available here. Currently the spreadsheet icon does not include tags, but only creator, plus, type, date added, and date modified. Thanks!
  • I need to do some extended data maintenance for my library, which would be greatly facilitated by sorting the middle pane by "URL." Is there a way for me to temporarily add that column to the middle pane?