"18" is not a valid field for type 13

Error Report: 2029705937

Hi,
Not a Zotero pro or anything but maybe someone has tips on this-
When I try to sync with the Zotero server I get this error message: "18" is not a valid field for type 13
Thus, only on my work computer is all my full, updated Zotero library available - from home when I log in, it still brings up my old, incomplete Zotero library from before I was getting this error message
Many thanks for any tips!
mike
  • Don't know how helpful it will be in tracking down the cause of the error, but type 13 is "Web Page", and field 18 is "Call Number". Not sure how the field could have snuck in there.
  • Thanks for the tip - definitely appreciate that, though still not sure how to debug this problem. One other thought I had was that it's apparently been 81 days since I synced up with the Zotero server (which puts it around April 22 that the last normal sync occurred before - maybe? - the bad item got into my library). I check the 18 or so documents that I entered between April 18 and April 26 and nothing appears to be wrong (or at least jumps out to indicate that they would have that "'18' is not a valid field for type 13" problem - though I'm not sure what I would be looking for to correct that "'18' is not a valid field for type 13" problem...
  • I encountered this same problem. Even after doing the database repair (the upload version and the local command line version), I'm still getting this error when trying to sync.

Reference number 1855937476

Thanks for any help.
  • eckles: Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • Same problem here. Has it been resolved?
  • afaik there has been no news on this so Dan's request for a debug ID applies to you as well.
  • I resolved the issue by resetting the database from the server. My guess is the problem came from one of the groups I belong to. I noticed there where some discrepancies in the timestamps. Just a guess.
  • edited July 27, 2011
    Having the same problem: '18' is not a valid field for type 13. Tried the DB Repair Tool but it didn't fix it. I cannot reset the database from the server because about my local db has lots more in it. Reported the error and the ID is 869014515. Enabled debugging and the debug ID is D1507931604. Thanks for your help.
    ---
    Update: got it fixed. For me, the problem seemed to arise from automatically pulling certain citations from OCLC WorldCat. In those Zotero entries, the "Extra" field was overpopulated with stuff, including book abstracts, tables of contents, additional bibliographic info, and URLs (typically http://catdir.loc.gov/...). I searched for stripped them out from each affected Zotero entry. My guess is that those URLs were causing the type 13 (web page) and type 18 (call number) errors.

Hope it works for others. Perhaps someone at Zotero could confirm how it pulls stuff from the OCLC Worldcat search (http://newfirstsearch.oclc.org/) to potentially adjust for future releases. Thanks --
  • pfyfe: Try the latest 2.1 Branch dev XPI and let us know if that fixes the problem.